God wants us to utilize His power, but sometimes we forget to ask him for it. Why? Maybe we think we can handle it. Maybe we think God doesn’t care. Maybe we’re afraid. This list can go for awhile, so let’s get to the heart of this article. Here are 5 reasons why we should remember to ask God about everything.
1. You are not alone. Whether you believe in God or not, he loves you! His desire is that we all form a relationship with him so that our will (as a boss in the middle of this crazy world) lines up with his will.
Deuteronomy 31:8, The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. “Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
2. He wants the best for you. God didn’t create you to live an unfulfilled life and then go to hell. That doesn’t even make sense. We choose damnation when our will is not aligned with God’s.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
3. He cares for you more than you know. If he takes care of the birds, whose lives are much less meaningful than ours, he can listen to your issues. He may not give you the answer you want, but it will be correct.
Luke 12:7 Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
4. God does not set you up for failure. No issue is too big for God. He will not allow you to be tempted beyond your means.
1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
5. God can give you whatever you desire. But there’s a catch. You have to read the Holy Bible and meditate on it. Allow the Holy Spirit to nourish your soul and then ask God your request. If you are pure in heart and your will lines up with God’s, you will receive whatever you ask.
Matthew 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.